Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy With My Progress

Things are finally starting to happen around here. Hallelujah! We (me and hubby) left for the shopping mall yesterday morning at 9:30am and returned home last night at 10:00pm. The majority of our shopping has been done. Whew! Close call. Never will I wait to shop this late in the season again!!!

The Christmas tree is up. Most of the ornaments have been hung. Just a few more crystal ornaments to go and it will be complete. Here is a picture of my tree taken early Wednesday morning, sans crystal. As you can see, my tree lacks glitz and shine without them. I will try to snap a new picture once the tree has been completed.


We currently have a really nasty storm passing through the islands. The heavy rain and wind started last night and is expected to continue throughout most of the day. Many areas have been particularly bombarded, my area included. We are currently under flash flood warning, heavy rain, and expecting wind gusts of up to 50mph. Many of our schools have been closed. I love nesting in this kind of weather. I plan to continue my cleaning and organizing, finishing the decorations on the Christmas tree, and most importantly, taking some time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the holiday season.

Aloha!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it make you feel good to be done with all your holiday shopping? But boy did you have a marathon day. Your tree looks lovely!

Suze said...

How nice that you're done with everything. I wish I was. Your tree looks very nice. They sent the kids home after first period today. Some of the teachers never made it in because they live in Kahuku and Waiahole. Half the students didn't come to school today anyway. I think the worst is over. Now all we have to contend with is vog.

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, I heard on the news this morning about the flooding in Hawaii and I thought of you. I hope you are all safe.

Lol, I was thinking it was early in the season to have Christmas shopping done. Late in the season to me is Dec. 24th.

Beautiful tree! I can't wait to see the final pics when you finish trimming it.

papel1 said...

Your Christmas Tree is beautiful. Enjoy the season.
Judy

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

How very lovely!~~~I hope you made it through the storm OK, yowie!~~~XXOO, Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you are my hero! I could never spend that long shopping!!! 3 hours is about my limit before I feel completely overwhelmed and stressed. What a great idea to get it all done in 1 hit though! I have most of mine done now too and it feels good (even though it took me a few trips!!) Enjoy the break and I hope the storms wont go on for too long!!

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous!!!

kodama said...

amiga, me fascina visitar tu blog, tienes cosas hermosas, me encanto el tutorial yo-yo navidad, está bellisimo y muy bien explicado, felicitaciones.recibe todo mi cariño