Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday ramblings......

Yesterday, I made a trip to one of my favorite places, the fabric store. Nothing makes me happier seeing row after row, bolt after bolt of fabric all lined up like little soldiers. Taking in all the pretty patterns and colors like a butterfly fluttering from flower to flower, lapping up the sweet nectar each one has to offer. NOT!!! Actually, I looked more like a kid in a candy store all hopped up on sugar. Pretty picture, eh? LOL It could be worse. There are so many destructive things I could be addicted to, right? I walked away with several fabrics, and of course, more buttons.

My son's girlfriend gave me a gift certificate for Christmas from ReproDepot, an online fabric store. I was able to purchase 7 new fabrics that I absolutely adore. These fabrics can be combined in a number of ways as I tried to stick to a simple color scheme. Maybe a new handbag is in order, I don't know. They're so pretty I almost don't want to cut into them.




As you probably could tell by yesterday's post, I'm addicted to collecting buttons. Unfortunately I'm addicted to collecting a number of sewing and craft related "stuff". Here's my collection of embroidery thread. Unfortunately, I don't think this is enough and I'm probably going to need more. *huge grin* LOL




This is a prototype that I've put together of a little girl's purse. I like that it has a velcro closure under the yo-yo posy flower that will make it easy for a little one to open and close. I need to scrutinize it a bit more before reproducing it for my craft fairs, but I'm kind of liking it just the way it is.




Thank you to everyone who has commented/emailed me with your well wishes for Mouse. He had yet another appointment this morning. They are giving him fluids in order to flush out his kidneys. He most likely is going through kidney failure. According to the Vet, he will probably need these fluids to survive. They have weaned him down to every other day, and as of this morning, every third day. They hope to eventually have him down to getting these fluids once a week. Time will tell. They suggested that maybe I could give him these fluids at home. I don't know if I can keep him still for the 15 minutes that it will take to complete the treatment, let alone, stick a needle into the poor guy. I'm unsure if I have the stomach for it. He stays really still at the Vet's office because he's absolutely terrified of being there. At home, it will be a different story. I have to confess that I didn't know that he was going to need these fluids for the rest of his life. I'm still hoping that he beats the odds and makes a full recovery.

Here he is, resting on his chair after I so rudely interrupted his nap to take these pictures...



Hey mom, why are you bothering me...




My eyelids are getting heavy...




Okay, I'll just ignore you until you go away...




Snore...




As fast as he propped his head up, he fell into a deep sleep. He was so energetic this morning and up to his usual antics like begging for treats. These Vet visits are really knocking the energy out of him. Poor guy.

***REMINDER***
For anyone who hasn't entered my tote bag giveaway, please scroll down to my March 15 entry and post to the comment section in order to be eligible. Don't forget to leave your blog or Flickr URL so that I'm able to contact you if you are the winner. A winner will be chosen on April 1.

I hope you have a most enjoyable Saturday.

Aloha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this feeling your blog is going to be right up my alley! I LOVE hitting the fabric store and I have a room full of it to prove it - and yarn, knitting books, card stock, colored paper, ribbon, flowers, buttons, yarn... should I go on? LOL! :-D

Looking forward to the rest of your posts.

Rowena said...

As far as the fabrics store goes...I know what that's all about! My mom and I would go nuts each and every time. She was way more worse than me though. I just bought what I knew that I'd be using. She just bought to sate her addiction!

Update on the sewing machine: at this point I'm thinking of going with a Brother model because of what's available to me at a "do-able" price. Italy has a brand called Necchi but woooooo! They are more for the professional seamstress as the price can get up into the 4-digit numbers!