Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hi! How have you been?

I apologize for not being around for a few days. Dealing with my kitty's illness has been stressful and has sucked the energy right out of me. Mouse continues to get better although he's still very tired and not eating and drinking like he should. Daily visits to the Vet for treatment has been tiring for both him and me.

Over the past several days I have been doing mindless things that don't require much brain power. It was a perfect time to organize my button collection. No brain cells lost in that endeavor and my buttons haven't looked this organized in a long time.







I'd like to share a simple project that I started yesterday. The paper punching is the most time consuming part of this project. Once that part is done, the actual project moves along rather quickly. I've made refrigerator magnets and gift tags using this method before but these will be ornaments for my Christmas tree.

For this project, you will need an object that can be covered in paper. You will also need some paint, cardstock, paper punches and tacky glue.

I started by painting a wooden heart with a color that coordinates with the colors of paper that I have chosen. Most of the painted surface will be covered so you won't have to be too neat with your painting.




Punch out a good amount of flowers in two contrasting shades of paper using a floral paper punch. I used a 1/8-inch round paper punch for the flower centers. Glue flowers all over the heart using tacky glue, covering as much of the wooden surface as you can.




Voila! Here is a sampling of 3 of the 8 hearts I have completed.



I hope you try this quick and easy project. Enjoy.

Aloha!


***REMINDER***
For anyone who hasn't entered my tote bag giveaway, please scroll down to my previous post and make a comment in order to be eligible. Don't forget to leave your blog or Flickr URL so that I'm able to contact you if you are the winner. A winner will be chosen on April 1.

9 comments:

Rowena said...

Hi Lettie,
I'm glad to hear that Mouse is getting a little better. Hang in there you two!

But this here button collection...you must mean button STORE! That's quite a stash you've got, all sorts of colors, sizes, styles, etc. It instantly gave me a chuckle because one day I had to sew a large button on my husband's jeans and wouldn't you know? I could NOT find any store that sold large buttons, just the smaller shirt types. Ok so I must've been looking in all the wrong places but man! I'm envious of all your loot! On top of that you also share your heart project in 3 colors. I'm always amazed by the things that you post here.

Accch, I think I've rambled on long enough but I also wanted to stop by to say that yes, those zeppole are sorta like a marriage between creampuff and malassada. A follow-up post is forthcoming to explain the "mystery" of it all. ;-)

Marzia Melloni said...

Beautiful Arlette!! Fantastic.
Smak Marzia

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful heart project. I love all the pretty flowers you used. Really nice.

Now button collection is amazing. Love storage solutions like this and you have such a great selection too.

Pleasure to stop by for a visit.

Unknown said...

Poor Mouse. I hope Mouse feels better soon. I know what it is like to have a sick cat. It definitely tugs at the heart strings.

I love your button collection. Very bright and cheerful. Wonderful organization of them!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful heart project!

fiorelabs said...

Wow... I find today your blog and I want to tell you that your flower heart are wonderful!
Hugs from Italy
Fiorella

Marzia Melloni said...

I want to wish you a very Happy Easter!
Thank you
Marzia

Felicia said...

I'm sending you and your kitty positive thoughts.

Your organized buttons are an inspiration to me :) And thanks for the pretty tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Awwww... those are so cute! And, I thought I had a collection of buttons but it's nothing compared to yours! :-)

Anonymous said...

what an amazing button collection! love it!
xo natalea